Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Return To Siding

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Ive been working on re-siding the front of my house for about two years. Between the white cedar perfections & PVC trim, its been slow going. With the coming of spring Ive been focusing on closing up the few open items before taking more down.
To that end, I installed half of my rake trim last weekend. Today, before I could install the second half of rake trim, I had to finish the last bit of cedar siding on the gable end.
I began by shingling up to the top of the window. I then I fit & soldered the window cap, allowing me to finish the shingles on the gable end.
Its not furniture making, but installing cedar perfections is one of the most relaxing forms of Woodworking I know of. Each piece is fit with a few passes of a block plane and attached with two hand driven nails.
Throughout the day I snuck into the shop and managed to install the jam extension for the first window. It was a good day. Both of my projects moved forward.









TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment