Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Router table fence

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Ive been working on the top for my router table and once again, am going back and forth on the fence. I was originally going to add some t-slots in the top to adjust and lock down the fence. But then I saw one that employs a clamping system on the edges of the table.

I like that idea because I wont have to make those slots in the top of the table. They get filled with dust and sometimes its hard to slide the fence if it binds in one direction. So Im still playing around with a design.

I got the hole cut in the top to hold the insert plate. Thats going to be really nice. Last week I mentioned that Kreg does not include the levelers with the plate. A little frustrating, considering they make no mention of that when you buy it. If they had a note on the package that said "levelers sold separately", that would be fine. Just let me know so I dont have to place a separate order!

I got the levelers and guess what? Kreg didnt supply 1 1/2" coarse thread wood screws that the instructions clearly state are included with the levelers. No big deal, I needed shorter screws anyway. I really love Kreg tools, but they need to tighten up some of their procedures.

*****

Mere Minutes





TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment