Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Two Gifts From the Shop

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download


The last post focused on process, so to keep things fair this post will be all about product. Okay, fairness has nothing to do with it really - I was just so pressed for time finishing these gifts before Christmas that I didnt take a single picture of making them. In fact, I didnt take a picture of Rebeccas frame at all, but she graciously took a picture of it hanging on her living room wall down in Oregon.

Here it is:


Its an Oxford frame, and very similar to the one I posted about in the past. There are two differences: this frame has angled rail ends; and the cross-lap joints where offset so that the stiles project slightly. And yes, thats more oak salvaged from the library chair.

The second project was a trivet for my wife Celena:


And a detail shot:


While I did enjoy the shop time spent making these gifts, on these projects the final product was what it was all about. Which makes sense, since these were gifts, the recipients didnt really benefit directly from the process.



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment